Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

I'm sure it's been talked about, but to be honest, I haven't had time to read the newspaper in about three months, so I'm going to share.


I'm fucking terrified. You know why? Even all the money in the world can't save you.


My ailment might not be cancer, but thinking about Steve Jobs dying from cancer is like the biggest "Santa Doesn't Exist" ever.


Think about it. The go-to excuse for just about anything is "if we could only find more money we could eventually find a way to end this…"


I don't know about Steve’s family, but if my mother or father was sick with cancer, I'd move mountains, I'd do just about anything to figure out something, some treatment. And I figure they did just that.


Hopefully it's time that was the enemy, because looking at a future where even the most powerful, influential, innovative man can be stricken with something incurable is absolutely terrifying.


I'm affiliated with many causes, and am a huge supporter of research and finding an answer to everything we can possibly hope to cure. But isn't it scary as hell to think it might all be for naught??

No comments:

Post a Comment